Monday, May 19, 2008

Cruisin' down to Mexico Man!

It was a week for the record books! We had a blast with our friends the Pizza's, Sorensen's, and Hickcox's last week on a Mexican Riviera cruise. Of course we laughed way too hard, had long enjoyable dinners, and lots and lots of fun activities. I'm known for taking WAY TOO MANY photos, so bear with me while I document our trip to Mexico where everything is "almost free" or "cheaper than Wal-Mart"!

[On the Boat]
We had to take advantage of everything there was to offer on board the ship, so the first day we signed up for a rock climbing race. It was pretty fun! Us girls took 1st, 2nd, & 3rd respectively - not bad, seeing as we were the only girls participating! After the climb some random guy came up to me and said "I had my money on you over yellow shorts [Linsey Sorensen]." "Oh," I said, "this is only my second time climbing." "Ya," he said "I could tell." OUCH! Oh well, it was fun anyway. The boys participated too, but they were shown up by some pretty intense climbers.
[Formal Night]
Formal night was a blast. It was so much fun getting all dolled up, especially being a mom and not having the opportunity to do so too often. We had a fun, long dinner, and then went dancing at the 70's party. It was awesome. I didn't know Mitch had moves like that! It took me back to those high school dances and I tried out a couple of my old moves...you know the "lawn mower" "grocery shopper" and don't' forget the "Q-tip"! Too fun. Sam and Mitch got a little crazy with their ties on their heads and had a lot of people pointing and laughing.
[Cabo San Lucas]Cabo was BEAUTIFUL, and probably my favorite stop of the trip. We just hit the beach and rented a skim board. Pretty much everyone got some sort of battle wound from falling off, and of course Mitch was bleeding by the end.
Matching pants and nice behinds!


[Mazatlan]
14 de MAYO! Our 4th Anniversary as well as Cami's Birthday! We spent this day in Mazatlan. It wasn't the prettiest city, but we made the most of it by going to a resort and renting some boogie boards. It was a little scary riding in their "taxis" which are pretty much a golf cart that goes 60-mph and weave in and out of buses and other cars. Whew! Me and Cami were ducking in the back, scared for our lives, while Mitch sat up front talking Spanish with the driver like nothing was happening. Too funny!

[The Quest]If you EVER take a Royal Caribbean cruise, you have to participate in THE QUEST! I wasn't sure about it at first, but 5 seconds into it, I loved it! I can't explain it, but it is a hilarious game that has you dressing up boys as girls, finding random items in your purses, and yes, taking off your bra! Ahh! Too funny. Thanks Ryan for being such a good sport and being our Woman in the Making and helping us take FIRST PLACE! Lets be honest, we were a competitive group. Linsey took 1st in the Hula Hooping contest as well!
[Puerto Vallarta]
In Puerto Vallarta we did the zip line through the Jungle. It was really beautiful and quite a thrill. After we all took a plunge down the slides into the river. It was a really fun excursion that I would definitely recommend!
Eating at PiPi's! I ate here when I came with my family back in 8th grade. We were all in need of some yummy Mexican food, and Pipi's was just the place! We all ate way too much (like we weren't getting enough to eat already on the ship) but loved every last bite!

[Highlights of Sam]
Sam, I just had too! There's one thing about Sam...you can't get a serious picture if your life depended on it. So, I put a few highlights together of some of my favorite Sam-Snapshots!

With our servers, Elmer and Debhashish. They were awesome!
Thanks you guys for all the fun times, laughing spells, and excitement! I can't wait for 2010!

9 comments:

Jason and Tawni said...

Wow, that looks like a really fun trip, I feel like I went with you because you did a great job documenting the entire thing! Great pictures and happy anniversary!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Thanks guys for inviting us! We had so much fun and I will admit we are going through withdrawals. Last night's dinner just wasn't the same...we didn't laugh the entire time! It was such a great time...I hope we get to do it again soon!

Chelsea said...

Oh... I'm a bit sad that we didn't go! It looked SO fun!! I loved looking at all the pictures! What a great group of friends! Happy Anniversary too- I thought of you on "our" day too! Oh... I put my 2 weeks in at Babinski's :)

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

oh how fun! i am so bummed we didn't go but i am so glad that you guys went and had a great time. happy anniversary too!

jen said...

Gosh, you guys are so boring...you need to add some excitement to your lives!! Ha Ha...j/k! Oh & can you tell your blonde friend...it's not fair she gets to look like Scarlet Johansen! WoW she is stunning!

Sorensen Family said...

2010 Cruise here we come! That was such a great trip, we seriously can't wait for the next one. Thanks for letting us tag along, we had a BLAST!!!

Linsey

Michelle said...

I'm so sad we missed out, but so glad you guys had fun..it looked like a blast! Count us in next time for sure, we'll make sure to not schedule any other trips the week before :) Hope you had a great anniversary too...what a perfect way to celebrate!

The Pizza Family said...

We need to get the next one booked asap!!! What a downer it is to be back home. Thanks for the memorable trip... and many more to come!

Chad Martell & Teresa said...

that looked like so so much fun!! you guys really know how to do it big!!! what great pics to look at!!!