
We drove up Weber Canyon like it was any other winter day (at least in the last few years) not expecting a hard time getting to the cabin. Were we WRONG! There hasn't been a winter like this for a long, long time. Usually, we hop in the ranger, throw our bags and coolers in the back, and take a nice toasty one mile ride into the cabin. Not this year. After THREE hours, the boys finally packed down the road enough for us ladies to snowmobile in with our babies, in zero degree temperatures at ten o'clock at night! An adventure to say the least, but we all agreed that adventures are memorable and we wouldn't have it any other way! I wanted to get some pictures of all the snow, but I don't feel like any of these do it justice....



Notice the snow is just about a foot below the basketball hoop net!


Even Tuscan was FREEZING! He kept picking up his paws and hopping around because his little feet were freezing. That didn't stop him from rolling around in the snow though!

Here are all the ladies crammed in the Ranger. (Jamie and Aspen, Kimi and Easton, Lindsay and Finn) This is before we knew we wouldn't be able to just drive in....wishful thinking I guess!

The boys with the kiddos!

Finn and Aspen had a great time cruisin' around the cabin with each other. Aspen is a little more "advanced" than Finn, but she tried to keep up!



We played with Finnley in the snow for a little while, and she went on her first Snowmobile ride with Mitch. She looks a little cold in the picture below, don't you think?!?
JUMPIN' OFF THE DECK!
Mitch got the idea that we should jump off the deck into the fresh snow below. Not wanting to disapoint, I agreed! It was really fun.
...and going for it! We did it twice because it was so much fun. I have to admit, it kind of gave me a little thrill and made me feel daring - which doesn't happen too often now that I'm a mom.
6 comments:
Please can I come jump off the deck w/ you guys..that looked like SO much fun! :)
Thanks for such a great time. We had a blast and can't wait to get together again. It's always an adventure and that's how we like it! And thanks for the pictures. I had to steal some. :)
how fun, I can remember some great cabin trips!
Can you believe this weather. I need to take a picture of our little rental, the snow line is even with the roof!!!!!
Okay ... the whole jumping off the cabin deck looks like so much fun! I remember our trips up to your cabin. They were such fun times!
Holy cow! That is insane - especially the pic with the bball hoop, that is some serious snow! looks like it was tons of fun thoug, after finally getting in! It was fun to see you and all the family at Carrie's shower! You guys are such a fun family, I love visiting with ya...tell Finn happy bday from Taryn!
Post a Comment