Everyone is always so sweet and concerned about our little Finnley, so I thought I would just post an update from our latest visit to Primary Children's. Finnley's heart is still enlarged, and fluid is collecting in her lungs, so they have put her on a diuretic to help it drain. Also, because of her labored breathing, decrease in weight (97th percentile to 47th) and recent respiratory infections, they have decided to go ahead with the procedure to close the PDA now rather than wait until she is one year old. She is still happy as can be, and the sweetest little girl we could ask for. I am relieved and nervous to get this taken care of. Relieved that we won't have to go through RSV season with and extra-sensitive chica on our hands, but nervous about all the unknowns and the thought of sending my daughter off w/ a surgeon. Her ASD is still open, but shouldn't cause any real problems until she's older, so they won't look at closing that until she is 3 or 4 years old. We'll keep you updated as to when she'll have this done (within the next month) and appreciate all your love and support for our little lady.
14 comments:
As always we are thinking of you and praying for little Finnley. Thank goodness for amazing doctors. We love you and look forward to more updates on Finn. Good luck!
So glad to hear that everything is going well. We know how hard it is to realize these kinds of things. Our prayers are with you.
hi lindsay, i have twins, and they had to have that surgery too! The PDA ligation. We took all kinds of medicine to help close it, and it just wasn't working. We went to Primary childrens too.
I will be thinking of your family and our prayers are with finnley!
hey linds! thank you so much for the update...i am definitely thinking of you guys and you are in my prayers! who is your dr? pulchalski was our cardiologist up at primary's for rylee when she had her heart surgery. you guys are in the best hands! please keep us posted.
Thanks you guys...you are all so supportive and its good to hear from people that have been in the same boat. Becky, our cardiologist is Dr. Everett. I think she is pretty new to Primary's. Shannon, who performed the procedure for your twins? And I guess everything turned out well!?! Really...THANKS FOR GIVING ME SOME PEACE OF MIND! - Lindsay
So sorry that little Finnley has to go through this, and you guys too. It's so hard to think of your baby as not absolutely perfect. It's amazing what they can handle though, as I'm sure you've seen(and the doctors too)! I know we don't know eachother super well, but I am thinking of you guys, I know how hard this stuff can be.
Lindsay, hey it's Jen Kent. Yay I ran across your blog from someone elses. I'm so glad that I did and can tell you that your family will be in our prayers. It is crazy going through all these first time things w/ our babies. She will be good, don't you worry!It is wonderful we have one of the best hospitals in the world right here in good ol' Utah! Can I just say, she is so darling, her & Tae definitely need to hang out! =) Good luck with everything, if you need anything you just let us know, & keep us all posted! Take care and God Bless! p.s. I'm adding you to my friends now if that is ok?!
We LOVE that sweet Finnley and will surely be keeping her in our prayers. Thanks for the update and keep us posted on when she will have the procedure. We miss you all and can't wait to see you soon.
Hey Lindsay, it's Melanie (Tooke) Bohn again (from 7th ward...) Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sneaking a peek at your blog, but my cousin's baby just had his 2nd surgery today at Primary's for HLHS. (Incidentally, the surgery went great, and his surgeon was Dr. Hawkins). I obviously don't know exactly what your baby's diagnosis is, but I just thought I'd add to your peace of mind about "heart babies" in general. After sharing about my cousin's ordeal, I had oodles of responses, lots from mom's of other "heart babies" too. Here are some of their blogs you can check out:
www.babysamson.com, www.wonderbliss.com, www.ethanjamescurtis.blogspot.com (that's my cousin's), www.becknewsaz.blogspot.com/
All of them have said they are more than happy to answer questions left in their comments, plus a lot of them have links to other heart baby's blogs. Best of luck, and we'll keep your family and doctors in our prayers as well.
Hey linds, i am drawing a blank on the dr., but it was a woman dr. and she had an accent! Fabulous Hospital and a Great Outcome for my Babies!
Good Luck!
I just wanted you to know that Finnley is always in our thoughts and prayers.. she is such a cutie pie! we just lover her so much! Let us know if we can do anything!!
We love Finnley! We of course are praying for her. Tess loves her little friend. We are happy to help in any way. We love you Duckworth Family.
Thanks for the update Lindsay, we are also thinking of you guys and cute little Finnley! You're in our thoughts and prayers as well.
Hey guys-
I had no idea that Finnley had this problem. Don't even worry when I was in Utah I worked at Primarys with so many kids with the same problem - you are in great hands! We will definitely be keeping you in our prayers. Mitch, how goes the dental applications, any interviews? Good Luck!
Shayne and Sherri
Post a Comment