Sunday, August 26, 2007

hobble creek half marathon

The wake up call was BRUTAL (4:45 am) but well worth it! I had a great time running the 13.1 miles down Hobble Creek canyon with my sister Amy and some of her neighborhood friends, as well as my gal-pals Amy Rosevear and Michelle Garrett. We finished in just over 2 hours and loved EVERY minute of it. I was especially grateful for the support of my WONDERFUL hubby. When I left around 5 am there was a PBJ sandwich, banana, water, and a cute note - "Finish Strong - Good Luck - Love Ya!". Thanks for your support and being there to cheer me on. It felt so good to finish this race...especially because just six months ago I thought I may never run again! I'm glad I proved myself wrong. Anyway, if anybody needs a running partner and knows of any good runs coming up (ex. Moab "The Other Half") I'd love to join ya!

8 comments:

B & C said...

Lindz,
You are the bomb! That is so awesome you finished another half marathon. You should post pictures of your next one too. And maybe the combination of both posts will inspire me enough to get off my butt and do one with you. Courtnie

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

I am so proud of you! Way to go. I need to get my butt out there.

Congrats1

Lindsay Wright said...

Congrats Linds! I am actually thinking about training for a 1/2 marathon! Its good to hear that you liked it after all was said and done! I think I will have to go ahead and do it.

Linds

sara b said...

Way to go my sisters. . . wish I was there too! You both look so great! Love and miss you tons. See you in October. . . can't wait.

The Pizza Family said...

WAY TO GO!! IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME.. I NEED TO GET MY BUTT MOVING.. I'M READY TO START RUNNING AGAIN.. I NEED TO GET OUT THERE :)

agirlnamedgay said...

good job! that looks like so much fun! you should make the trip down in feb for the catalina half!!! it would be great!

Emilee Porter said...

Linds! You are amazing girl. I can't believe that you had Finley six months ago and you are already running a half marathon.

Shannon said...

Hey Lindsay, i am the one who saw you at the Half marathon!
I loved it, it was so much fun to run it!
Your family is adorable, and i hope you don't mind me Checking in on your Blog! I got it from Becky's link, so Blame her! haha;)
Shannon